How does your gift make an impact at Wakeman Boys & Girls Club?
Each participant who raises $1000 covers the membership dues and program fees for one child for one full year! That means going Over the Edge truly changes the life of one child who otherwise could not afford to join our Wakeman community.
Want to know more about how those contributions add up?
- After a busy day at school, our members need to refuel before they can take on the fun that awaits them at the Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse. A $50 gift provides 3 days of snacks to the 150 children who arrive there daily for our After School Program.
- You know the saying, "Getting there is half the fun"? Well, getting there is also a big obstacle for many of our members. A $100 gift funds one day of bus transportation for 40 children from Cesar Batalla School to the After School Program at the Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse.
- Why settle for lazy days of summer when Wakeman members have so many fun-filled options to keep them active and entertained all summer long? Your $250 gift provides a campership for a child for three weeks of summer camp at the Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse.
- The Mentoring Programs at McKinley and Holland Hill Elementary Schools provide quality one-on-one time for these diverse student populations along with volunteer opportunities for area high school students. It's truly a win-win for both mentee and mentor when a $500 gift sponsors a Youth/Teen Mentorship Pair.
For more than 100 years, Wakeman Boys & Girls Club has filled the gap between school and home. We provide a welcoming, positive environment in which kids and teens have fun, participate in life-changing programs, and build supportive relationships with peers and caring adults. Each year Wakeman must raise more than $1.8 million dollars to ensure that our programs are affordable to all and that we never have to turn away a child due to an inability to pay.
Consider these great outcomes that wouldn't be possible without you:
- 86% of kids in the Diplomas2Degrees program at our Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse have continued their education after high school, while only 57% of their Bridgeport peers have done so.
- In the last year at our Southport Clubhouse, 188 teens volunteered over 5000 hours at the Club and in the community.
- 99% of our members participate in programs that promote fitness...from karate and yoga to basketball and lacrosse.
Thank you for your generous support!