How will OTE take place in light of COVID-19?
2020 OTE COVID SAFETY PROTOCOL
EVENT FLOW / UPDATES
· It is important that only participants enter the building, and only enter at their registration time. No early arrivals. No family or friends can join participants at registration or any stage of the participant journey.
· Upon entering registration, participants will be required to sanitize their hands with sanitizer provided. Masks and non-latex gloves will be provided if State/Provincial guidelines require them.
· Should State guidelines require 6' distancing, floor markers will be placed 6' apart at the entrance of the building, registration, holding areas, elevators, staging, training, and the edge. Participants will be guided from one location to the next. Each area will be limited depending on the size of the room.
· OTE Staff and rope volunteers will come into as little contact with participants as possible but staying 6' apart from participants is not possible for our staff to maintain participant safety.
· ENTRANCE: Area to hand sanitize and distribute masks and disposable gloves if required.
· REGISTRATION: Limited number of participants and volunteers spaced 6' apart. Temperature taken via contactless thermometer. Anyone over 99.9 will not be permitted to continue. This will be for staff, volunteers, and participants.
· SANITATION: Pens, sharpies, thermometer will be sprayed or wiped down with anti-bacteria products after each use.
· OTE STAFF AND ROPE VOLUNTEERS: All OTE Staff and Rope Volunteers will always be wearing masks, gloves and/or shields no matter what the State/Provincial guidelines are.
· STAGING. A Rope Volunteer will meet participants at the door. Hand sanitizer and a pair of disposable gloves will be required upon entry. OTE Staff and volunteers will be close to participants and will have to touch them while securing gear.
· TRAINING: Participants will be spaced 6' apart. Once training is complete, they will move to the 'on-deck' floor markers to wait for their rappel. OTE Staff and volunteers will be close to participants and may have to touch them during training.
· EXCLUSION ZONE: Rope Volunteers will need to help participants as they get closer to the ground and will be in contact with each participant.
· GEAR RETURN: Participants will quickly return all gear to Staging and a designated Rope Volunteer will disinfect the hard gear and place it back into rotation. Gear will not be mixed with cleaned gear, until it is disinfected to the best of our ability in a separate section of the staging room.
STATE DISTANCING RULES APPLY ON THE GROUND/OBSERVATION AREA: Please follow your local guidelines for this area.